DANSETTE RESTORATION

• AUTHOR: // CATEGORY: Restoration

6 Comments

There are different routes for restoration depending on the condition of the player. It may be that the cabinet is in good condition with just a few bumps and scrapes or it may be completely trashed, the cloth is ripped and stained and the cabinet is damaged.

Your options are to have a restoration, retaining as much of the original as possible or to have it completely recovered. We have cloth covering that matches or is very similar in appearance to the original. Or you could have any finish you desire.

Read our step by step guide showing the restoration process of a Dansette.

If you’d like us to restore your Dansette then please give us a call on 08081 33 45 78 or alternatively you can email us at info@dansette.com

COMMENTS

6 Responses to Dansette Restoration

• Pat Friel wrote on June 15, 2014 at 9:17 // Reply

Have Dansette Popular. Seems to be running slow ? Is there any obvious cure or is it needing restoration?
    Thanks.

• Gabrielle Hawkins wrote on August 12, 2014 at 2:48 // Reply

Hi
    I’m looking for a spare needle, any ideas on where they would be stocked?

Regards gab

• Thelma Thompson wrote on January 28, 2015 at 10:22 // Reply

Speakers are playing very low. One if the control knobs is. Broken off. Very slight damage to the material beside where the needle rests. How much would it cost to repair each of these. Thanks

• Jim Mccormick wrote on August 1, 2015 at 8:10 // Reply

My Dansette Bermuda is 50 yrs old and has been used regularly. Unfortunately it is starting to run slow at all speeds. Can this be repaired and is so could you give me a rough estimate of cost
    JIM

• Jeanie godlemam wrote on August 20, 2015 at 12:18 // Reply

Hello Dansette, I’m looking for a turn table mat please.
    I’ve recently bought a needle for my record player off you on21/7/15. How much does it cost please Jeanie

• Peter Bailey wrote on January 9, 2017 at 8:25 // Reply

I have a Dansette Stereophonic A35.
    I have replaced all 3 valves but the amplifier seems dead.
    The record deck works perfectly at all 4 speeds. (Could probably do with a new LP/78 stylus. All the wiring and joints appear to be OK and despite good lighting, (twin 60 watt fluorescent tubes above} plus a powerful torch I cannot see any signs of deterioration e.g. drops of substance under the transformers or discolouration of any of the small resisters and condenses etc.
    One error I may have made, I replaced the cable from the main unit and the second speaker with suitable twin cable, but I may have crossed the wires, i.e. at one end I may have connected the positive to the negative. Will this matter?
    thank you for reading this epistle and will be very grateful for any assistance you can give me.
    (Note, I am 83 years old and hard of hearing so cannot use a ‘phone)
    Yours sincerely,